sexta-feira, 19 de fevereiro de 2016

Do Tempo (uma obsessão de estimação)

Wassily Kandinsky, Eight times (1929, Musée des Beaux Arts, Nantes)
-
«Time, unfortunately, though it makes animals and vegetables bloom and fade with amazing punctuality, has no such simple effect upon the mind of man. The mind of man, moreover, works with equal strangeness upon the body of time. An hour, once it lodges in the queer element of the human spirit, may be stretched to fifty or a hundred times its clock length; on the other hand, an hour may be accurately represented on the timepiece of the mind by one second.»
-
Virginia Woolf (1941) in Maria Popova, 4-5-2015, «Virginia Woolf on the Elasticity of Time», Brain Pickings.
-
Walter De Maria, Time/Timeless/No Time (2004)
-
«The North is to South what the clock is to time
There's east and there's west and there's everywhere live
I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in between is mine
I am mine»
-
Eddie Vedder / Pearl Jam, I Am Mine (2002)
-

Sem comentários: