quarta-feira, 12 de fevereiro de 2020

Afinidades XXXIV

Jean-Baptiste-Siméon Chardin, La Ratisseuse de Navets (1738, National Gallery of Art, Washington)
-
Jozef Israëls, Mulher Descascando Fruta (Museu do Chiado - MNAC)
-
«(...) on my travels, for example, abroad (...). I see things that attract me, in the works of others, - which impress me. That's what you reflect upon at times. And when you come home you think: Me too have to make something like that....Then you start, and when it's finished it looks like the work of that person or another.... But your own originality doesn't get lost, - your sentiment remains! And this happens not only to me, - this happens to others also.... Unintentionally you continue to build on motives of others».
-
Jozef Israëls, 8 de Fevereiro de 1902, citado por N.H. Wolf, in Bij onze Nederlandsche kunstenaars. IV. - Jozef Israëls, Grootmeester der Nederlandsche Schilders.

Sem comentários: