sábado, 1 de janeiro de 2022

No começo de um Ano Novo

Valerie Jaudon, True to Life (2005)
-
"Marilla, isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"
"I'll warrant you'll make plenty in it," said Marilla. "I never saw your beat for making mistakes, Anne."
"Yes, and well I know it," admitted Anne mournfully. "But have you ever noticed one encouraging thing about me, Marilla? I never make the same mistake twice."
"I don't know as that's much benefit when you're always making new ones."
"Oh, don't you see, Marilla? There must be a limit to the mistakes one person can make, and when I get to the end of them, then I'll be through with them. That's a very comforting thought."
-
Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables (1908).

2 comentários:

MR disse...

Não sei se o pensamento é muito reconfortante... May be.
Gosto da pintura que dava um belo azulejo.
Bom Ano!

Margarida Elias disse...

MR - :-D Cada dia é um novo começo. Bom dia!